Sunday, December 12, 2004

Skipper's dress

I haven't felt like writing the past few days, I pulled a muscle in my hip last week-end. Don't ask me how, it just happened. lol Didn't feel much pain in the hip but the pain shooting down my leg kept getting worse as the week went on. Not too bad until I start walking. Finally went to the dr and he said to stay off it as much as possible. I really am trying, but its hard.

Today I didn't feel like crocheting so I made Skipper a Christmas dress. Sewing on a small scale really is a challenge. I did part by machine and part by hand. I lined the bodice as I figured that would make the armholes and neckline look better. I think I will go back to crocheting doll clothes, much easier. :)

I am proud of the dress though, I made the pattern myself as I don't have any patterns for Skipper. I guess I prefer making my own patterns anyway, I started doing that when I was about 10 years old. I grew up watching my Grandmother make quilts and clothes and knew I wanted to learn how to do both.

No comments: