Sunday, January 02, 2005

In with the New Year

Happy New Years! This is the time of the year when everyone makes their new year's resolutions. You know, Mine are quite simple: Finish all the crochet projects I started in 2004. ;) Here's the list: *crochet bears for family members-started in July when I was visiting my Dad, 2 baby blankets, a pair of socks (started 2 weeks ago-see picture) and the latest venture is crochet sleeves for a denim vest. The pattern came from Michaels in their Art & Crafts magazine from the Feb. 99 issue. I was going though my closet and ran across the issue this week-end and saw the pattern. I remembered the blue jean vest that was in my closet and the light bulb started flashing. The vest is lined and I always thought it would look better with sleeves, also I'd wear it more if it had sleeves. I can't share the pattern but I'll post a picture when I get more done. The sleeves use different types of yarn with lots of texture. Theirs is in different shades of blue but I am doing mine in burgandy and blues.

The socks are quicker to make. The pattern is called Toe-Up Crocheted Socks which I found at Grafton Fibers website. They are fun to make and leave a lot of room for creativity. The pair I am working on now are a late Christmas present for a friend at work. :} I am almost done with them though. One more sock and Carlee will have some new house socks. She picked out the yarn, it is Caron's Simply Soft. I love crocheting with that yarn. It lives up to its name.

I should add some other need-to-do's to the list like organize my closets or organize my craft room(gasp), however I think I will quit while I am feeling good about myself. Maybe after I compelete my crochet list...

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Sheri, I will start looking for a vest. :D As long as you don't have any "cleaning" projects for me I think I can handle it. lol.

If you get a chance, the socks are a lot of fun. I'm going to use up scraps for the next pair. I think that will be fun. Don't be surprised if you end up with a bunch of socks. Lol