Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Janie's Valentine Dress & Hat


BarbValDress_kjc
Originally uploaded by kacis_mail.
Today I made a valentine dress and hat for Janie (aka Barbie)Janie is my first Barbie doll as an adult. Lol I redid her make-up and cut her hair. Her hair needs more work though. I changed her eye color from blue to green. I may do more work on the dress later. This one was crocheted with the size 0 steel hook again with fingering weight yarn. The red is embroidry thread. I didn't have any red fingering weight yarn and this made a good subsitution. I'll have to find some red shoes for Janie. I was amazed to find I didn't have any that color. We all know that the Barbie dolls have every color of shoes imaginable. Lol

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Ok, that's a deal. :) I promise you making crochet doll dresses are easy and you really don't need a pattern for this type.