Sunday, October 01, 2006

Name the Bear Contest



Sheri & I thought it would be fun to have a name the bear contest. Sheri came up with the idea that who ever wins the contest will get a link to their blog or website added to Knit~Crochet Mania. If the winner doesn't have a blog or website, we will figure out a different prize. The main idea is to have fun. :) If you have an idea for a name, email me at keliloi@earthlink.net
I decided that the winner will be picked in a drawing. (whoever's name is drawn will win)

The cat in the picture is Katie Kat. She usually stays in my computer room when I am in it. The computer room is also my art and craft room. Katie is holding one of my projects which is a sock made out of self-striping yarn. Oh and you thought she was really knitting? Katie is very smart but she prefers unwinding the balls of yarn. lol

I recently learned how to knit the socks on two circular needles instead of the double pointed needles. I found out that it goes very quickly and it is easier to avoid the "ladder stitch" that you sometimes get from double pointed needles. The next pair of socks I am going to try knitting two socks at the same time on the circular needles. I have to force myself to make the 2nd sock and this should resolve that problem.

It is getting late, and I am so sleepy today.
Until next time, keep on crocheting or knitting.




View of the orange bear standing. You can see one of the beads I used at the leg joints.

No comments: